Friday, July 6, 2012

First set won!

Its Wimbledon time. In the same lingo, we (me and my son) have won the first set today.

I started the infant stimulation therapy on Feb and it has taken my son four months to pretty much achieve all the goals such as interest in toys, sitting tolerance, eye contact, shaking hands with strangers, responding when his name is called. So, from now on the therapy will be three days a week to ensure he does not go backward again.

Group therapy is still a problem. He finds it difficult to sit with other kids and expects individual attention all the time. I guess this will be the goal for the next set.

Another important milestone today is that I have started my son on speech therapy. The therapist tells me that his facial muscles are weaker and hence though he wants to produce some sounds he is unable to do so. So, I will have to massage his mouth and cheeks everyday. I promise to work hard and help you speak as early as possible.

My son,

Good job so far. Doctors are pleased about your progress. 

I have just one request. Please do not cry the entire 45 minutes of therapy session. It’s difficult for me to pay a good sum from my purse and sit outside and hear you crying at the top of your voice all the time. May be you can take a five minutes break in between. Think about it.

Thanks.

Love you,
Mom.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a gr8 news indeed.. one step at time !!.. :)
    Hugs..

    Kamala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on the first set win! Good going and keep it up!

    To Ara,
    Listen to your mommie and use the five minutes break! When you grow up, you have no idea how great those are; so start young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D he he, important survival skill is to know when to take a break.

      Delete
  3. Hey he is a baby , the therapist should be engaging ,it his job !
    Or perhaps you can look around for a different therapist ,god knows I changed so many for my girl now 6yrs

    She had OT ST PT ..ABA

    ReplyDelete